 Local / Australia / 8905
Re: June National Meet - It's Practically Official! *latest update*
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.qld.bri, lugnet.loc.au.nsw.new, lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel, lugnet.loc.au.sa.ade, lugnet.loc.au.tas.hob
Date:
Wed, 22 May 2002 03:21:40 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Melody Brown writes:
Everyone coming to the Nation meet in Brisbane, please READ the following it
applies to all who are coming. (Print if you wish)
Where?  - Indooroopilly Hotel
Time?   - Approx 11am - 6ish (both days)
Dates?  - June, 8th (Saturday) and 9th (Sunday) 10th is leisure day…for
anyone who wishes to meet etc, TBA…
Cost?   - Whatever it costs to get there (transport) and any money you wish
to bring for food/drinks (lunch dinner) & spending money etc

_____________________
BRIKWARS...
I'll let the boys/guys/blokes etc to organise that one ;)

To play we'll need some players and armies.
A decent table (or two)
Half a dozen baseplates of buildings/objectives/targets/places to run behind.

If you're a Queenslander and have absolutly no interest in Brikwars, please
consider bringing a built baseplate anyways, save us interstaters carting
too much around.

I'll be having the PDF-Brikwars printed up proper like. Since it's cheaper
to have more than one done at once does anyone else want a copy all nice and
neat? (around $15 to cover costs, assuming more than three copies)
I can pay up front and accept payment when I hand the thing over. Please
reply here or e-mail if interested.

Many thanks, can't wait to meet you all, we'll have a ball!
Mel
P.S. I know I have said some of this before, but not everyone reads
everything :)

I'm looking forward to it too. BTW TYVM for organising this! (You too Kerry!)
_________________
STUDS STUFF
A couple of questions.

1.I noticed both Kev and Richie have replied. Are Richard and Pete still keen?

2.Are we still hireing a van? (truck/semi depending on amount of LEGO taken
*grin*) IIRC Richard was looking into that. Report Richard?
Are there any suggestions/objections to travelling in one vehicle?

3.What needs to be done accomodation wise? IIRC Kev stuck his hand up for
this one, or do we need to suss out alternatives?

Thats three, which is only a couple in the scantest sense. I'd better stop
now, I remember where too many questions got me last time...

James (who thinks it maybe a bit silly to start counting sleeps yet.)