 Local / Australia / 8786
    Green Coats! —Richard Parsons
   Morning, Having made a pilgrimage to Kevin Hall's Andrastavia recently (if you have never been there, go now: (URL) and for the torsos, click on the left nav link to the Village, then on the yellow door to the custom shoppe, and then on the torso (...) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

        Re: Green Coats! —Michael Dallaston
     (...) In these dark days, I find the best source for pirate head attire is the pirate accessory pack (5150) currently available from S@H. One pirate bicorn, two black tricorns, two shakos and two blue headscarves... love it :) (...) Yee won't be (...) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

         Re: Green Coats! —Richard Parsons
     (...) Thanks for the thought. I hadn't realised that they were still selling the accessory pack. So I'm thinking, ok, $7(AUD), these were good value when I used to get them for $5 or something, so to whom do I turn to help put together an order big (...) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

         Re: Green Coats! —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) ?? 5150 is dated 1990, and predates the two you give below which are 1993 and 1994. Agree it may not be the best of the three but it apparently IS the original one! I agree I'd rather have epaulettes though, but one has to take what is found (...) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

        Re: Green Coats! —Kenneth Tam
     (...) Thanks to my blatant lack of any blue officer torsos, I had to come up with a similar solution for my new project as I'm crewing it. I scanned a red officer, then a blue trooper, and recolored the red officer with the blue trooper's pigment. (...) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

         Re: Green Coats! —Jeremy Scott
     (...) The Dutch had a small presence in the Carribien during pirate days and thier flag was mostly green. However, I don't believe that they had a royal navy down thier, and if they did, I wouldn't know what color uniform they had on. But just for (...) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

        Re: Green Coats! —Richie Dulin
   In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes: [snip] (...) I suspect it's probably because printing white on red does not produce as good as a result as red on white. In my home made uniforms, I now use a coat of liquid paper on the front of coloured (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

        Re: Green Coats! —Richard Parsons
     (...) The chance to participate in so evil an exercise can simply not be ignored. Two red rowboats, standing by for the June fest... Richard Still baldly going... (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

         Re: Green Coats! —Richie Dulin
     (...) Excellent! I might experiment on some of my own in the meantime, and call on you for replacements (with suitable trade!), if disaster occurs. Cheers Richie (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Green Coats! —Lindsay Frederick Braun
   (...) Better idea: (URL) That's how I made whaleboats. It worked better than rowboats back to back (though we did use Belville rowboats back to back for emergency cutters at BrickFest I)...they look pretty snazzy, too. You can build up those sides, (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

        Re: Green Coats! —Richie Dulin
   (...) Not bad, although I think the sides of those bow pieces are too thick for such a small craft, have those awkward voids between the studs and the hull. Nevertheless, the use of 2x1x1 panel elements instead of bricks for the sides, and half stud (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.pirates)

        Longboats (was Re: Green Coats!) —Richard Parsons
   (...) Mmmmm. And using wedge plates over the bow and stern would sort the voids. This would be worth some experimentation. I noted in the DVD release of the British tele-series Hornblower that the boats they used to land troops and supplies were (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.pirates)