 Local / Australia / 8645
Re: MUGS at Ozbricks Star Wars weekend
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel
Date:
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 12:54:32 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Sue Ann Barber writes:

BUT...being a LEGO event, what would it be like without the odd historical
item or two [or folder of catalogues or 6...] I'd say we should have a
variety of items...everyone bring something related to their
collecting/building area [eg. Paul could bring a space-ship or two (?), • Ross
could bring a bridge, Sue Ann could bring a rock concert, etc.] and we • could
show all sorts of DIFFERENT ways lego can be collected/used... [and of
course we'll need star-wars models as well :) ]

Judging by the comments about "small bits" and their likelihood of being
snaffled by members of the public I'm reluctant to unearth the Rock
Festival. To view it properly it would need close access and I think it
would be just too tempting for some people.  I should be able to make the
event though and help out in an other way.

Agreed...for which very reason most Brictorians will be remaining at
home...I MAY be able to bring a train or two, and some of the large
vehicles, but I don't know how much will make it... [Of course, some
catalogue/instruction folders may also follow me there :) ]

Has anyone thought of contacting the people at the official Star Wars club
in Australia? They may be interested in the event or participating in some
way.

their email address is starwalking@starwalking.net

cheers

sue ann
now returning to Lurking mode. will return to Active mode in late June

Look forward to your return.

Benjamin Whytcross