 Local / Australia / 8465
8464  |  8466
Subject:
BUGS #10
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 04:41:45 GMT

Sunday BUGS held their 10th meet. Although the theme was Transport (plans
train & automobles), several buildings were brought along and conversation
was definitetly based around an upcoming event. More on that later.

The day was hosted by Ken, and wife Frances (who did an outstanding job
keeping us feed, i'm sure there was not one person who wasn't hungry by the
end of the day.
Attendess for the day included, Ken (of course), Aaron (who didn't get lost
despite using computer generated directions), Kerry, Melody, Peter, Micheal,
Mark (fashionably late), Gary (who had the great news), and Calumn.

On arrival, we inspected ken small but modest train collection, and his
display. Melody brought along her creation for the 2002 town competition.
Kerry brought along a large church that she built after being inspired by a
MOC on the web. Aaron had nothing new to show Lego wise but did bring along
his new toy (a digital camera) and a few fire trucks. Gary and  Caluim
brought along the technic powerpuller with video, Micheal had a space ship.
Everyone else including those mentioned brought themselves and a shopping
list for S@H.  It didn't take long for Aaron to place the fire trucks around
the church.

Once Gary arrived and set up the news was revealed:
We have entered a display into the Brisbane Miniature Train Show (RNA
Showgrounds May 4-6). Not normally a hot topic, train chat came alive.
Appologies to micheal, who got a bit leftout, as he had no interest in
trains. Everyone else was a buzz "what do you need?" "can we use your hopper
wagon?"

In the end everyone who wanted to help were assigned a job, containers and
rolling stock are the big requirements. We can't give to much away, you will
just have to come to the show (of course there will be a post show report).

Moving on, closer examination of the church and large house were made. Also
Melody had some of her Lego trinkets to show off. Another great creation of
the day was Kerry's tour bus (it seemed that the ladies of the group were
doing all the work).

Lunch was great, and whilst we all ate Gary in a despriate attemet not to
watch the F1 he was taping it) played the video that comes with the Technic
Power Puller. Note that the real powerpuller has appox 1x10(7) or 10 000 000
times the horsepower of the Lego model. Also playing on the day was the Jack
Stone Video.

After lunch IT began, and as Kerry described it "BUGS go Bezerk with S@H".
Aaron jumped into the hot set, doing the ordering (both on computer and out
loud), whilst Ken manned the spreadsheet (great idea. we were able to keep
track of all orders and all prices). With rumors of 3 Santa Fe engines per
order and 9 engines (7 people) we knew some people might miss out. So with
ths in mind we all drew straws to determine who would get a SFSC should only
three arrive.

The rest off the ordering went well, with the usual order changes at the
last minute but both the spreadsheet and the Lego shpping basket were the same.

We all agreed to meet again in two weeks at Peter's place to go over the
display layout, so we all could know what exactly we were all doing.

Well the scribe has pretty much covered everything, I think. The day was a
success and the first time trains really had their own day even if unoffical .

Aaron
FireBUG

PS check out the website from WED 6/3/02 1200 GMT for pictures.
www.ozbricks.com/bugs