 Local / Australia / 8433
Re: legoland deutschland lifetime passes...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 23:34:44 GMT

My feeling is that I *might* do it if it was within 1-2 hours drive on the
basis that one would probably go more often than one's natural inclinations,
e.g. to celebrate children's birthdays, take interstate visitors and so forth
(when the discounted extra tickets would be useful). However, if it was • further
afield (e.g. Sydney), I don't think it would be worthwhile for me.

Argh, I just discovered the discounted extra tickets are a measly 2 Euro
discount. I had just assumed they would much more significantly discounted
(e.g. half price). I'm starting to think I wouldn't bother with a lifetime pass
even if there was a Legoland just down the road.

Dreamworld at the Gold Coast works really hard to keep the locals coming back.
They have a deal that, as you leave, you can buy a ticket for next time (valid
for the next 3 months) for only $5. So, I have friends who go every 2-3 months,
each time buying ahead the tickets for next time. I presume Dreamworld
rationalises that people wouldn't come back that frequently without such an
inducement, and that most people, although saving on the admission, are
probably still spending plenty on the food/drink/merchandising each time they
come, and there's always a big profit margin on that kind of stuff.

Kerry