 Local / Australia / 8419
Re: Such a common name....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 11:25:28 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:

I wonder how many other names are non-unique within Lugnet 8?)

Well, for many years, I thought I was unique. Everyone I knew had found one or
more people in the phone book, on the Internet, etc with the same name, but
not me.

I think I'm pretty safe :) In fact, there are definitely only 3 Rushton
Brumbys in the whole world, (me, my son & daughter, hubby is just Brumby),
after all who else would put two such clutzy surnames together?  (It seemed
like a good idea at the time...)

I haven't yet come across a match with just one of the surnames either,
closest I ever managed was a friend of a librarian who served me in Canberra
- the friend was Deidre (same spelling which is uncommon for a relatively
uncommon name) and married a Rushton but chose to keep her own surname.

I'm sure there's a half match out there somewhere but I highly doubt she'll
turn up on Lugnet :)

Deidre  (The wonderful thing about Tiggers is I'm the only one!)
drb@tasmail.com