 Local / Australia / 8134
Re: My (VERY) Large MOC (full scale house)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 23:24:24 GMT

"Martin Scragg" <mnm@ains.net.au> wrote in message
For those of you interested, here are some pictures of my current project
that is consuming most of my free time, and the surroundings.  This is the
reason that I can't make it to the next interstate fest, as I will be
continuing to build this.

Judging from the background hills, meandering stream, the slope up to the
house and the open breezeway architecture, it is easy to work out that you
are using the instructions from 6098 King Leo's Castle. If so, perhaps I
should warn you that the driveway needs to be more central on the property
if it is to connect properly with the drawbridge.

As you are embarking now on the second level, can I suggest you reconsider
some aspects of the design? Personally I don't think it's a good idea to
send the family fortune flying off the second floor whenever someone chucks
a rock at a ground floor window. Perhaps go with a more symmetric look, and
have a trebuchet on both sides, especially as there are neighbours on that
side; good fences might make good neighbours, but frankly I think a
trebuchet will make better ones. And, where are you going to put the
skeleton? Speaking as a married woman myself, I think your wife is not going
to react well to skeletons in the closet or anywhere else in the castle.

And finally, don't forget to have the flags on the tops of the turrets all
flying in the same direction. I know Melbourne gets all four seasons in a
day, but I refuse to believe you get four different wind directions over one
house.

Kerry