 Local / Australia / 807
Re: Why do you hate the Jar-Jar minifig?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 06:57:15 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:

But if you get the head off, it wouldn't be too bad as a gargoyle on a
building...Or as an ornament on a bridge for a SW castle, like in the middle
ages...'Por encourage les autres' :) Now that would have looked good on the
Naboo capital !

JarJar makes a good statue. I used the head and hands from JarJar, and the
reversed torso and legs from Anakin giving an all tan idol that stands quietly
in the jungle overgrowth.

If you can remove the head!

<TLG's plans revealed ?>
JUST REALISED...the head doesn't come off easily because TLG are using him
as a test for the mini-fig junior...head is molded as a part of the torso,
and is set facing forward. This way they can cut back even further on the
number of pieces in a model.

"You can tell we are Lego because we are not Playmobil."

For those fans of earlier lego, looks like the 'stiffs' may be returning,
but with the head as a part of the torso....or WORSE, lego-land is about to
be taken over by the figs from basic in the 80's.
</TLG's plans revealed ?>

Midi-figs (Fabuland size) do have removable heads (I think) -- it just takes a
bit of effort (since they're not supposed to be removable).

Dave