 Local / Australia / 803
RE: Why do you hate the Jar-Jar minifig?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 06:39:41 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Low [mailto:stinglessbee@hotSPAMFREEmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2000 4:29 PM
To: lugnet.loc.au@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: Why do you hate the Jar-Jar minifig?

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
A good topic for a local discussion.

Could everyone explain their reason for disliking JarJar.

JarJar the minifig -- the head that can only be removed from
a torso with
pliers.

But if you get the head off, it wouldn't be too bad as a gargoyle on a
building...Or as an ornament on a bridge for a SW castle, like in the middle
ages...'Por encourage les autres' :) Now that would have looked good on the
Naboo capital !

JarJar the character -- yet another non-human character given
a dumbed-down
role.

Maybe if we put together a nice long thread, pick out the
interesting/informative bits, and forward to TLG, they may • remove him from
the many sets they produce, or limits his involvement at • least. [Of course,
if they do that you can bet LA will only import the sets • with him....And no
doubt for the first Aus exclusive pack, it will be a 'gungan • re-inforcement
pack']

Since JarJar will probably feature in SW2 and SW3 I think we
can look forward
to another five or six years of Gungan minifigs. Sorry.

Ah yes..But how are they going to kill him off before the end of E3? <cue
mad laughter>

Dave

PS At least he's got a cool vest.

If you can remove the head!

<TLG's plans revealed ?>
JUST REALISED...the head doesn't come off easily because TLG are using him
as a test for the mini-fig junior...head is molded as a part of the torso,
and is set facing forward. This way they can cut back even further on the
number of pieces in a model.

For those fans of earlier lego, looks like the 'stiffs' may be returning,
but with the head as a part of the torso....or WORSE, lego-land is about to
be taken over by the figs from basic in the 80's.
</TLG's plans revealed ?>

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)