 Local / Australia / 8018
  Re: LEGO direct query of the week

"Benjamin Whytcross" <b_whytcross@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GpB4s5.GI0@lugnet.com... (...) Well the set is very clearly named 'US National Team...', so I don't think there is any ambiguity about this. However, I agree that is someone (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO direct query of the week

(...) Yes, but there are 2 teams in the set, and it does say that you can turn "YOUR SQUAD" into the US team, not that you can turn one team into the US team...so I still believe it reads as though there will be an Australian team in the set if I (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO direct query of the week

(...) <snips> (...) Let me know when *that* set comes out ;) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO direct query of the week

(...) I think it's mostly a matter of the size of the market, though in that case Germany should see some specials also. It may also be a factor that probably the largest soccer fan base in the US is also pretty much the age range for LEGO (soccer (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO direct query of the week

(...) [snipped description of affront] That is pretty lame -- considering that football/soccer is a big deal almost everywhere except the US. (...) I'd guess the US team sets have happened because (a) soccer is very popular as a kid's sport in the (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)