 Local / Australia / 7903
Re: some info on lego 2002 products
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 12:57:40 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Jonathan Wilson writes:
I have been talking to someone who has access to the price list for 2002.
I wont go into too much detail since that could get people in trouble
but I can will this:
Most prices seem reasonable ($13 for the 4 small starwars sets with the
destroyer droids, vader etc.

Hi Jonathan,

I'm just curious... if this was one of the sets you were referring to in
your note above:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7201

If it is, then I hate to disagree, but I saw this set in a Toys R Us on
Saturday past.  In Canadian dollars it goes for $9.99 before taxes ($11.49
after taxes).  Even at it's pre-tax price it works out to more than 40 cents
per piece.  Called me old-fashioned, but that hardly seems reasonable.

Not to mention the perception of value for the money simply isn't there.
It's an itty bitty little box that costs almost 10 dollars.  It weighs next
to nothing.

Sorry if I've misunderstood.  Perhaps you were referring to other sets.
Otherwise I'm curious what you think about the price/part factor in this
case.  I notice you're posting to a .au.  Has this sort of pricing become
standard/acceptable in Australia?

Best regards,
Allan B.