 Local / Australia / 7894
  Re: major sale on pirate island

Thanks for the news! Another dint in my bank balance. Great value at $44.76, considering S@H wants $125.95. Looks like a major chain got exclusive rights to the re-released pirate sets, Kmart, TRU and now BigW. Anyway, if anyone needs pirate spares, (...) (23 years ago, 15-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: major sale on pirate island

Anyone able to grab me a set or two?? please? I can't get to a BigW unfortunately :( Thanks to anyone who can help :) Mel (23 years ago, 15-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: major sale on pirate island

There seem to be none at Mt Ommaney or Mt Gravatt (Garden City) :( Still searching... Mel (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: major sale on pirate island

I'm making a trip to my other local BigW (cleaned the first one out before they put the prices up) to buy 1 Fire station. If anyone wants a Pirate Island, let me know within the next 2 hours and I'll pick one up if they have any, but they should as (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: major sale on pirate island

(...) Drats I missed the train (too late for your posting)... I still have not been able to get hold of this yet :/ I need three sets! That would be best! Please, If anyone can help, that would be Bonza! Thanks... Mel (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: major sale on pirate island

I think there's going to be riots if they don't make an appearance up here by christmas. ;) (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: major sale on pirate island

Hi, I have recently got the 6292 Islander Set for $44.76AU from Big W in Highpoint, Melbourne so if anyway wants to know where to get them, they had lots and lots of them there! Regards, James (...) (23 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: major sale on pirate island

Both the 6292 and the Fire Station Brad mentioned are now in Big W Strathpine (Qld) for $44.76. There were also a stack of HP sets (Staircase, Hagrid's Hut, Classroom and a couple of Winged Key rooms) which they must have been saving for Christmas. (...) (23 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: major sale on pirate island

(...) Just got some junk mail in the letterbox. Both the above sets are mentioned as sale items, supposedly starting Thursday, ending Monday. So either some stores have jumped the gun or sale terms differ state to state and other stores (like mine) (...) (23 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: major sale on pirate island

(...) Mmmm. Big W Campbelltown (NSW) had 30+ of each of Pirate Island and the Fire Station at $45. For mine, I never liked any of the Islander sets, but at $45, Pirate Island is a rather fine collection of pieces: 2 decent 32sq baseplates, a rope (...) (23 years ago, 23-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: major sale on pirate island

(...) Still a few of these about, especially the Fire Station. If they can't sell these at this price, will they ever sell, maybe the sale was too late and the Big W shoppers' dollars were already spent elsewhere. A mum was examining the islander (...) (23 years ago, 24-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: major sale on pirate island

(...) Looks like they'll never sell. Still truck-loads at Big W Southland, but no pirate islands. No baby dinos at Safeway, either. ROSCO (23 years ago, 29-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.au)