 Local / Australia / 7545
Re: MOC - Brickelle Estate - Stage 1/Building 1 'Palmtree Suites'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 20:12:51 GMT

Great building Mel, very nice. And you are right, seeing them in person is
definately the only way to get the full effect...
There is definately something very satisfying about Large scale LEGO
buildings.
You generally only have the bricks necessary when you are an Adult builder.

--
Jason King
LugNet #665

Melody Brown <black666beast@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Well, here I am, my first posting with something I have built! Voila!

WARNING!!! at this present time I have not yet finished it, so what you • are
seeing is what the BUGS saw yesterday at our meet.  I will eventually
complete it and repost pictures, but basically this is to go along with • what
Kerry mentioned: http://news.lugnet.com/loc/au/?n=7509

I think I can get away with saying that it does look somewhat better in
person than it does in 1D/2D

Let me now explain my creation!...

Welcome to Brickelle Estate (soon to have our own WebSite).  Currently
selling is Stage 1 - Building 1 (Palmtree Suites) in the small secluded
suburb of Palmtree Grove.  This is the first of many to come, building/s,
for Brickelle.  Brickelle was established in the year 2001.  Palmtree • Suites
consists of three levels, the first two levels both boast three • apartments,
while the third level is totally covered by the Penthouse.  Undercover
parking and a private swimming pool are included.  Thanks to Mr. Ned Kelly
and his trusty banana, all 7 Units have been sold.

This as mentioned, is my first demo of using prize home leaflets, the main
detail is sometimes difficult in the fact that not too many pictures are
included in the leaflets, leaving you to decide on what could be possible
for those unseen sides and area's.  It does make it easier since many
leaflets do also have the floor plans.  Arranging this in Lego style for • me,
who does not possess a lot of room, somewhat difficult and having to use
whatever is convenient at the time.

I have a large wooden baseboard (thanks Peter Parsons!) and therefore the
project was built on the base of the size and function of the plans etc.
This came down to how big to make things, how much room and space will be
needed and to try and keep it as much as possible to the supporting • original
picture of the 'Actual' real-life building.

I must confess, since this was my first attempt (of course we can only get
better now knowing how to fix certain mistakes and unattractive decisions
etc), I did come across another glorious leaflet, inwhich I was highly
tempted to demolish what was built so far (level 1.5) and go on with the
next project.  But after all the planning out, I decided to somewhat
complete it.  I now, once I have completed Palmtree Suites, will go onto • my
second attempt with what will be a fun and exciting project!  I just hope • it
will look as good as the real-life picture!

Thanks for reading!  I hope you will get a fair idea of my dribble and
waffle, and the pictures too!

Mel (Redeveloping/designing Architect/Planner/President for Brickelle
Estate)