 Local / Australia / 7314
Re: The girls Lego day out!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 7 Oct 2001 08:21:12 GMT

It's a hot and sunny day up here in QLD, anyway after reading and getting
all excited about the awesome specials at K-Mart, and many thanks to the
wonderful Kerry, we decided to take a trip to the Gold Coast (I had
previously rang up to place a few sets on lay-by over the phone (and no,
they don't ask for a deposit either!).

For those of you after the 6291 at $49.50, we saw about 7 of them (left
after our own purchases) at Pacific Fair KMart and about 4 at Robina KMart.
We didn't see anyone else purchasing the pirate ships, but we saw a number
of the Big Blue Buckets being loaded into trolleys. Be warned: not all these
sets are in the toy area; we spotted some of the them in the entrance area
and along major corridors within the store.

As no Brisbane KMarts are open on Sunday, we can't say if there are any in
Brisbane. However, there hadn't been any prior sightings.

Apart from the advertised specials, there wasn't too much else to get
excited by at KMart or other stores in the area. No Harry Potter sightings,
but lots of John Stone. I was surprised to see the UCS Star Wars sets X-Wing
and Tie Interceptor at both Toyworld Robina and TRU Pacific Fair; I hadn't
seen any on shelf in Brisbane for some time. From memory, the prices were
the same at both $249 for the X-Wing and $179 for the Tie Interceptor.
Sorry, Richie, no Millennium Falcons to be seen at all, let alone discount
ones.

We did see some heavily discounted ($4.95) Belville figures, kings and
princes and stuff at Myer Pacific Fair, but that falls into my category of
"nothing to get excited about".

Thanks to Mel for initiating our spontaneous Lego shopping expedition, and
the cunning layby-by-phone manoeuvre to secure the sets until our arrival.

Kerry