 Local / Australia / 7089
Re: The next BUGS meet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 09:13:25 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:
Is this still happening on the 23rd September? If so, what time?

Apparently so, I don't know the time, Mark should be able to tell you that.
As it will be at Marks house this time.

I've nothing built at all at the moment, but frankly having managed the
miracle of flying home from North America (I have never seen airports in
such chaos), I'm just pleased to be home safely and little else matters
right now.

Oh wow, that would put you on your toes! Glad to see you home again safe and
sound :)

Events like last Tuesday's attack have only one positive side to
them; they help you get your priorities right.
As you can imagine, security is a big issue right now in USA airports. I was
even questioned about my Lego watch that I was wearing!

Yes, it's totally shocking, I have been researching on the net about all of
this, some is total nonsense and some is quite mind blowing.  I think we are
in for some hard times.  I think we will see things we have never seen or
heard of before... lets cross fingers that it is more of a positive outcome
rather than a defeated outcome.  I am glad they checked your watch... I know
that sounds stupid, but right now you never know... just like the twit at
Brisbane airport who went through the security checks and they found a hand
gun down his pants.

I can bring along my Women's Soccer Team which I bought at a TRU in Seattle
though. Apart from that, I didn't see anything that we don't get here in Oz
in that store (the only opportunity I had to check out the Lego scene).
Interesting to see the soccer sets selling at twice the price as here in Oz,
but maddening to see the Blue Tubs priced at a mere USD 20 though. Indeed,
the TRU in Seattle had a much smaller Lego section than any TRU I have seen
in Australia.

Oh cool, I'll be happy to see the W.team!  Mine is still on it's way.  Just
imagin Kerry, if women were in charge of the world more so than men... would
we be in the same predicament? hehe watch the remarks come flying at me for
that one hahaha.  Oh yeah, the Large Soccer set was around $99 US at the
time it first came out, in some stores.

... Mel
Kerry