 Local / Australia / 7085
Re: The next BUGS meet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 20:19:54 GMT

Is this still happening on the 23rd September? If so, what time?

I've nothing built at all at the moment, but frankly having managed the
miracle of flying home from North America (I have never seen airports in
such chaos), I'm just pleased to be home safely and little else matters
right now. Events like last Tuesday's attack have only one positive side to
them; they help you get your priorities right.
As you can imagine, security is a big issue right now in USA airports. I was
even questioned about my Lego watch that I was wearing!

I can bring along my Women's Soccer Team which I bought at a TRU in Seattle
though. Apart from that, I didn't see anything that we don't get here in Oz
in that store (the only opportunity I had to check out the Lego scene).
Interesting to see the soccer sets selling at twice the price as here in Oz,
but maddening to see the Blue Tubs priced at a mere USD 20 though. Indeed,
the TRU in Seattle had a much smaller Lego section than any TRU I have seen
in Australia.

Kerry