 Local / Australia / 70
Re: Sigh......
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 08:25:54 GMT

In lugnet.general, Paul Baulch writes:

Peter Callaway wrote in message ...

I have trouble believing 7161 and 7171 are still selling for $136.95 and
$227.95 respecively at GB's and TRU! About time we had a 1999 clearance on
them, don't you think? And 8480 is still only a cat's whisker under $300.

TRU regularly puts these items on %20 discount, in fact more often than not
they can be found for about $110AUD and $180AUD respectively. Mind you, this
may only be in Melbourne TRU stores. Victoria also still has a high number
of 8480's which are fairly regularly discounted to $149AUD (good price!) in
an effort to clear stock (which hasn't seemed to work...?) In any case, we
should probably be buying up some of these 8480's and selling them on eBay
to try and offset the extra money we spend on Lego in this country.

Paul

That is a pretty good price for an 8480. For the Americans that's about USD$96
at current rates (I usually convert to USD as that's my benchmark for
purchasing LEGO. Pretty sad, but America is the centre of the universe
<chuckle snort> ;-)

If I had some spare cash I'd do it right now. do you know how many are in
store at the moment? TRU in Sydney don't seem to understand the work
"discount".

I may yet try the eBay thing. Let's see what the prices are like in the after
Christmas sales.

Pete Callaway