 Local / Australia / 686
Re: Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Star Wars Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 03:55:44 GMT

In lugnet.loc.nz, Peter White writes:
In lugnet.loc.nz, Grahame Reid writes:

The LEGO Football sets are now available in New Zealand, exclusively from
Toyworld. However there is only one Team Bus available - set number 3406 (the
one with blue window frames). I bought one of each set except for the • Expansion
Set 3410 of which I bought two.

Total cost: $372.00 NZD

Grahame,
Let us all know what the soccer field set is like to play with,
surely it can't be too far away for Australia (but then...)

A call to LA has revealled that these sets (all of them, she said) will be
released in the first week of June. No word on the prices, but I think we've
guessed them all anyway.

Incidently, the wonderful little Star Wars Minifig Collector Sets
http://collectibles.echostation.com/fbtb/3340s.jpg
http://collectibles.echostation.com/fbtb/3341s.jpg plus two others 3342
(Chewie + two Scout Troopers) and 3343 (Battle Droid commander + two Battle
Droids) won't be available in Australia, surprise, surprise. I reakon these
would sell like cold beer in Darwin, particularly as some of the figures are
only available in expensive sets, and Emperor Palpatine isn't in any sets (for
the moment).

Who is in charge of these marketing/ordering decisions and what planet do they
live on? The soccer sets decision was turned around, perhaps we can work on
them for this one?

Pete Callaway (thinking of taking BrikWars to Lane Cove, on a more "realistic"
level!!!)