 Local / Australia / 667
  Question about LEGOz for LUGMAP.

Hey all, I just have a quick question about LEGOz. As some of you know I am working on the LUGMAP, (URL) am wondering what the best way to represent LEGOz is. Does LEGOz represent all of Australia or does it represent a smaller section of Australia (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org)

  Re: Question about LEGOz for LUGMAP.

(...) Hi Eric! (...) LegOz (as opposed to LEGOz - too similar to LEGO and LEGOs) represents the whole of Australia. Whilst most (in fact all at this stage) of the action is taking place in Sydney + surrounds, we would like it to move nation-wide as (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org)

  Re: Question about LEGOz for LUGMAP.

(...) Good work Eric, and a very timely idea. One question though, the map you use as a basis for your map has a very skewed projection in favour of the area towards the arctic circle. Greenland is not as big as South America ! Who commissioned this (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org)

  Re: Question about LEGOz for LUGMAP.

(...) king (...) These are Mercator projections, I think (URL) Are there any maps about that show a true scale between continents ? Yes, there are other projections. One of my favourites (whose name I can't remember) preserves the relative sizes of (...) (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org)

  Re: Question about LEGOz for LUGMAP.

See (URL) for a variety of projection styles. (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org)

  Re: Question about LEGOz for LUGMAP.

(...) We should just cut and paste the small Greenland onto the map used now. ;-) pete.w (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org)