 Local / Australia / 6371
Re: Latest Lego Magazine (or was is toilet paper?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 23:22:27 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Melody Brown writes:
I reckon, if we are really lucky and luck really goes our way, that our once
some-what thickish magazine (which has now turned into a huge newsletter)
will be available at the wonderful size of... one page!  Yes that's right! a
one page newsletter from Lego! *(*^%$^*&(*&)( I mean what do you call
that... the lastest edition!  Ok, I am greatful on the fact that we even get
the thing, but I used to actually look forward to it!

At least they killed off the Time Cruiser comic.

By over-analysing the replacement Alpha Team comic it is possible to see the
comic as an ironic comment on the (economical) availability of the Oleg
minifig compared to the henchmen minifigs.

I get a few in the mail at once but even though some of them were taken up
from the free deal, I do/did actually pay for a subscription.

I paid for a two year renewal last time 'round. Pretty stupid, huh?

It's almost like WHY BOTHER!
For the special offers. No good ones recently, mind you. But the Tie/Y,
Exploriens starship and the Flybo would very good value (and, in the distant
past, the mug, lunchbox and backpack). And you can't forget the pencil, the
rubber brick and the two keyrings.

Compared to the FREE editions America get and what-not, it's not
fair! yet again we suffer in silence and get piddly left-overs.

I wonder what they'd think of member contributions from members *over* 16?
ie Those that are excluded from every competition (except the Lego
Studios/Fox Studios one - I won a free pass for that one (other commitments
meant I couldn't attend the VIP opening though... at one day's notice!).

Ok I am over it!  "Lego - I want you guys to make up for all the things we
seem to miss out on, by giving us a truely Australian only exclusive item!!!
yeah, sounds good to me! hmmm maybe a 1000+ piece Kangaroo Sculpture in a
new Sand Brown-Red brick colour!" :)) Please, Please, Please!
No, No, not more colours. Please no!
(I'm very happy with any 1000+ piece set of bricks in any/all of the old
colours though).

Sad and disappointed... Mel (who uses the pages as tissues to wipe away the
tears)
You do? I didn't find them that absorbent.

Cheers

Richie Dulin
Patrician of Brick-Morpork