 Local / Australia / 6148
Re: Monopoly Money to spend...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 04:55:19 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Pete White writes:
When one uses credit cards there are benefits...sometimes.
Rack up debt impressively...here, have some David Jones vouchers for $200.
CBA true rewards (beats the usual picnic hamper offer).

   "David Jones?"  Is that one of those odd transoceanic "tweaks"
   a company does, like T.J. Maxx in the US = T.K. Maxx in the UK?
   The store you describe sounds a lot like Peter Jones in England.

What to spend this on...hmmm new socks ? Underwear ? Something for the home ?
That's correct Lego, the perfect homeware.

   LEGO cookware wouldn't get you too far.  LEGO socks and undies?
   Yeowch!

Interesting result of transaction at DJs...
Bionicle Mask packs at ...$3.95, bbuuttt, bbutt GBs have them at $1.95.
Price matching ensues so DJs price is $1.95.

   Are the Mask packs really as cool as people suggest?  I can't see
   the masks through the baggie (logically)--well, in Europe I couldn't.
   I still can't, given that I'm many thousands of miles farther away
   now.

We did buy a telescope to view our little red friend as well, not just Bios.
pete.w (feeling...dotty)

   And what does this Dotty person have to say about that?  =:o
   Sorry, crass American loose in the newsgroup!  (But...but...I
   want to help the numbers!  :) )

   best

   LFB