 Local / Australia / 6065
Re: Top 10 LEGO things we'll never see in Australia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 03:30:17 GMT

Well, having seen Legoland Windsor recently, I can say that a lot of
Legoland is basically generic theme park using Lego motifs (like castle,
pirates, etc) and not really Lego-specific. However, the place seemed really
well run, and seemed to cope with the crowds (I was there on a fine Bank
Holiday Weekend after weeks of rain, so the crowds were huge).

When I went the crowds weren't that big but I still would have had to
line up for the log ride. Did you race? I came a very bad place against
my friends who I went with. Even though my friends aren't exactly Lego
fans they all bought more merchandise than I did which I think suggests
Lego does something right at those parks.

Of course, the Lego-specific bits are very good. Miniland is fabulous;

Isn't it just. I wish they had the opera house model there but oh well.

I'm
hoping to get my photos back on CD-ROM today. And the Dacta play area is
lots of fun (lots of Technics with motors); I chose to build the walking
dinosaur model.

I built the walking tortoise.

And watching the model-builders at work was good too,
although they looked pretty glum (I guess even Lego could became dull if you
did it all day every day).

They weren't working when I was there :( Maybe they were glum 'cause
they had to work on a Bank Holiday. I think English like their holidays
a LOT.

Tim