 Local / Australia / 6026
Re: Top 10 LEGO things we'll never see in Australia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 03:20:29 GMT

8. A LEGOLand Theme park
(much as the Gold Coast is a lovely place...)

Well, having seen Legoland Windsor recently, I can say that a lot of
Legoland is basically generic theme park using Lego motifs (like castle,
pirates, etc) and not really Lego-specific. However, the place seemed really
well run, and seemed to cope with the crowds (I was there on a fine Bank
Holiday Weekend after weeks of rain, so the crowds were huge).

Of course, the Lego-specific bits are very good. Miniland is fabulous; I'm
hoping to get my photos back on CD-ROM today. And the Dacta play area is
lots of fun (lots of Technics with motors); I chose to build the walking
dinosaur model. And watching the model-builders at work was good too,
although they looked pretty glum (I guess even Lego could became dull if you
did it all day every day).

Kerry