 Local / Australia / 5925
Re: SHOP @ HOME WILL BE IN AUSTRALIA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 02:18:36 GMT

The trouble is, it's always some ethereal point in the future.  Whenever we
approach within say 8 weeks or so of said launch date, it mysteriously takes
flight and settles down even further away.  I've rather given up hope on SAH.

I am disappointed, while the Lego supply problem here (Tas) is not anywhere
near as severe as it was last year and there are more options for premium
sets which used to be the most trouble (Ozbricks/Kmart online, neither of
whom have complete ranges either presumably also due to the whims of LA),
there are still standard range items that should be available that I can't
easily buy.  I'm sick of going to great lengths to try to get them, so I
mostly don't bother anymore.

I'm envious of the SAH only offerings that are to be made available overseas
shortly, but I'm not prepared to pay exorbitant extra amounts in exchange
rates, extra postage, customs and GST, so I'll just do with out.  I would
happily buy much of the bulk offerings, but same problem.

I really can't say how many more people like me there are out there, people
who want to buy Lego but can't and just give up, maybe I'm in the minority,
maybe there are hundreds of us and they're just not Lugnetters.  I'd be
happier if LA came out and said "there just isn't the customer base, so
we're not going to offer SAH" rather than "it'll be here in month x, oh no
make that y, oops how about next year...hmm maybe the one after that"

Kev, I for one appreciate your efforts in keeping us informed about what Mr
Pensini has to say, thankyou!

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com

In lugnet.loc.au, Kevin Hall writes:
Kevin,

As far as I know Shop @ Home is now available in some countries around the
world and the latest plan has Australia and NZ as being onboard before the
end of 2001.

Regards,

Steven Pensini
LEGO Australia Pty Ltd