 Local / Australia / 5909
Re: More Lego for Zac
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 10:58:57 GMT

In lugnet.space, Zac Soden writes:
I finally pursuaded Mum to take me to TRU during their 20% off sale but
still wasn't allowed to spend much!

My mum was the same.  Wait until you're older, and you have to start
restricting how much you spend yourself.  Ugh.  Nightmare.

I got the newe LOM T3 trike, mono jet and two of the discontinued astronaut
packs.
If you want white, blue and grey colours like me then get the T3 Trike. I
can't stress this more. It has so many good slopes in these colours, a smoke
grey dome, two of the cool new bendy hoses and three of thise cool new wheels.

The trike is a great model, and the dome in that shade is a great-looking
piece.  I quite like the Solar Explorer too.  A bit more expensive though -
when's your next birthday?  Combined, they make a great plug-together system.

I will be buying another mono jet because each one has only one of eack part
on it.

A marketing ploy then, or just a cool design?  I got a second mono-jet free
with the trike, using a Toys-R-us voucher.  I built one as a mirror image of
the other.  This also gave me just enough light blue slopes to top off a
tanker for the train I took to my fest.

These asymmetric designs look quite cool, and it's about time Lego did some
mechs.  I like the new approach Lego have taken with designing the human LOM
sets, though I think it's a shame they stopped short of showing alternate
models on the back of the box.  It's hard to come up with alternatives of
your own, having an odd-numbered or odd-handed selection of parts.

Still, I love the look of the human sets, and I tracked down all four mini
sets (with a bit of help).  I probably won't be splashing out for the full
series - I'm just not taken by all the pre-formed pieces in wierd colours
that make up the big martian base, even if I did have that much money to
spare.  I don't think I'm missing too much.

Jason J Railton