 Local / Australia / 5732
Re: AFOL groups in AUS (was: Shop On-Line)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2001 01:49:03 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Adam Wood writes:
Being new to the whole idea - I have to ask,

What's involved? What is the definition of 'group'? Are we sitll talking
about online shopping?

Topics often mutate, as this one has. The NSW group started in Feb 2000 with
four attendees (Santosh would have been five, but was on holidays).
Groups have meetings every so often (every 2 mnths in the NSW case) where
people talk Lego, sometimes shop for Lego and show off their latest creations.
Hopefully if enough people go to meetings and we develop a network across
Australia, Lego Australia may take a bit more notice of us. This is where
the online shopping link comes in.

Is it possible to have a show of hands from Perthites? (I refuse to use the
term 'sandgropper').

Braith posted a couple of days ago in model team.
Jonathan posts quite often.
Plus there is offline Murray(?) who Sue Ann knows (I think).
That's five possibles.

"Terry Mason" <terrym@wantree.com.au> wrote in message
<delurk>
wake up. Name mentioned. Better respond!

uumm. Have been toying with idea of starting up perth group but I don't
think we have a critical mass yet.
How many other perth people are out there who are interested in starting • up
a group.
Let me know