 Local / Australia / 5731
5730  |  5732
Subject:
Tas AFOLs are still alive (was Re: Shop On-Line)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2001 01:10:16 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Pete White writes:
Hi Adam,
There are AFOL (Adult Fan Of Lego) groups in NSW, QLD and VIC who meet on a
regular basis, so if you are anywhere near capital cities in those states,
feel free to come along to meetings, when details are posted.

I know Adam isn't in Tas but we also meet regularly, all 2 of us (and
families).  We've had 5 (I think) get togethers now.  Admittedly we don't
advertise too well but direct contact with other Tasmanians who have popped
up on Lugnet (briefly) has netted nil response.  I also know of 3 other
AFOLS from Hobart (1 longtime friend and 2 met in stores recently) none of
whom are interested in Lego meetings (mainly they're embarrassed, I think!)

So, anyone who is in Tassie who would be interested in joining us, drop me a
line and we'll make sure you know about the next meeting!  We're pretty
informal, we tend to have lunch, look over each other's new sets and MOCs,
wonder about new lines, complain about no SAH and all the good stuff
available overseas, and occasionally trade.

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com