 Local / Australia / 5494
Re: Good news for users of paypal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 09:25:53 GMT

To easy. Thanks Mark.
Aaron

"Mark Harrison" <harro1@one.net.au> wrote in message
news:3AE44CCF.D87CDD2A@one.net.au...
Paypal now allows Australian financial institution accounts to be linked
to paypal accounts. Just find your institutions BSB no and your account
number and if you are a verified user, your in. If you haven't  used
paypal before and are therefore not verified it's going to take longer.

Paypal confirms that you are who you say you are by you, giving them
credit card details. They then debit your credit card with two, one US
cent transactions. The transaction details include some numbers which
need to be input to the paypal verification screen on their site.

When I joined, paypal credited my account but the credit card
organisations have said this is not allowed (something to do with not
being able to charge fees for this type of transaction) so now paypal
debits new users card account instead.

FYI

Mark H.