 Local / Australia / 5477
5476  |  5478
Subject:
G2's Victorian 'LegoOz' gathering review (unofficial)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 11:55:24 GMT

Hello all

I was the 'new guy' at this little gathering, and even though I was late
(actually I was the last one there), I must admit that I still ended up
trading for things that I wanted. I managed to accumulated some more of
those lovely green Forestmen that I wanted, and in return traded some white
walls, some Fabuland parts, an impcomplete pirate mast and some pirate
minifigs. So all-in-all I believe that it was a nice successful day for all.

Unfortunately there were no Brikwar games played, which I would have loved
to see, but I do believe that this will be soon rectified (counting on you
Ben to organise something soon).

But the best thing for me was to finally meet some of the people behind the
names. And to finally see what a 'real' Lego collection is like (I saw more
baseplates then I own in Lego pieces). Thanks to everyone who I traded with
(and the ones I didn't), and of course thank you to the hostess, for the
lovely venue and refreshments, and of course to Ben who is a walking Lego
set/parts Encyclopedia.

Thanks
George