 Local / Australia / 5412
Re: ANZAC Brikwars: the undefinitive riposte
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 14:13:38 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
How: Just rock up. If you can bring two (or more) 16x16 (or bigger)
baseplates of buildings (or other assorted solid scenery) this would really
be appreciated. Bring some troops or use some of the ones I'll provide.

On the whole troops thing, if anyone has some x-treme team figs they want to
lend/trade I'd be very happy to talk to you.

I'm assuming that this is focussed on space marines (TL5?), as a training
exercise for the grand retaliatory assault upon the People's Republic of
Briktoria.

Indeed, although swords and spears are fun you just don't get that explosive
kick that the technology of a ReallyBigGun(TM) delivers.

Ahab stands ready to flex his newfound muscles (unfortunately still
commanded by his entirely underdeveloped wits):

<snip Ahab's impressive lading list>

What sort of terrain(buildings) would you like?

Anything that would allow some creative cowering for uninspired enemies
(myself) or permit confusion and misdirection for advancing along a hidden
flank (yourself).  Something solid (i.e. stands up to small arms fire, makes
a nice mess when hit by a larger weapon). If you've got stuff built, cool,
bring that, no requirement that it be particularly techy (this is a training
ground, some bulidings courtesy of the Timmy Corps of Engineers... <set:4225>).

On the topic of trade, since the wire fences at the last 'fest went so well,
I've developed a taste for all those useless adventurers nets (see also
soccer goal nets). If anyone has some lying around that they want to trade
for more(or less) useful peices, let me know or bring 'em along.

James (who'll make sure he brings his trade baga along THIS time...)