 Local / Australia / 5126
Re: LA distribution ponderings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 20:55:04 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Scott Kirton writes:
Halloooo!
I'm new to newsgroups so forgive me if I bugger this up.

Welcome aboard Scott,
What part of the country are you from ?
We have clubs meeting regularly in QLD, NSW, VIC, TAS have had one too,
hopefully SA in the near future. Newcomers are more than welcome.

I've been "born again" to Lego since digging out my childhood collection for
my little boy. ( Now I spend half my time worrying about what piece he's
going to lose next ).

That's my story as well (as well as others who frequent this newsgroup).
Unless you are lucky enough to score a creative job that pays, many of us
leave that creative play aspect at the door of adolesence, until children
give us a co-driver's seat.

It was great to discover (by virtue of the WWW) so many people still getting
kicks out of lego, in my own age group, even  :)  (?appropriate emoticon)

When did you discover Lugnet ? There are a lot of people who read (lurk),
but don't post too often.

I emailed the Lego company recently re SAH.  The reply from Korrine Bell at
Lego customer service was that "SAH will hopefully be available to Australia
and New Zealand sometime around the middle of this year".

Does anyone else have info regarding SAH?

It will happen, parts of Europe have it. With some online toy (r)etailers
going down the drain, Lego needs as much a presence online as possible.
Australia and Asia would be one of the smaller markets.

pete.w