 Local / Australia / 5092
5091  |  5093
Subject:
LA distribution ponderings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 02:50:50 GMT

I've been told by a semi-reliable source (outside LA and it's distributors
but deals directly with them) that Lego have closed down their distribution
office (warehouse?) in Sydney, opened up another about 1/3 the size, and
were talking about opening up an additional distribution office in Melbourne
(Altona?).  Anyone else heard anything along these lines?

I wonder if this has anything to do with the (supposed) immenence of SAH
(July) or if it is merely a response to the poor sales results of Lego as a
whole.  Whatever the reason, it goes a long way to explaining the poor
offerings from Lego to Tas and other "regional areas" since early - mid last
year.

I'd be interested to hear from the Melbournites whether or not the available
range has diminished in the same time frame (it's still better than Tas from
what I can tell!).  If a new distribution point was opened in Melbourne I'd
expect the ranges to vastly improve for both areas (here's hoping!)

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com