 Local / Australia / 4698
  Re: Trains Trains and Train Shows.

(...) Thanks for the tips Larry! Does anyone have any tips on whether a layout of this size is better done as a full "O" rather than a "C" or a "G"? I know a full "O" provides more area for stuff, but how much of a hassle is it getting access to the (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au)

  Re: Trains Trains and Train Shows.

(...) Crawling under tables is possibly the best option, unless some hinger can be developed, but thats quite complicated, and I'm not sure how fancy our tabling arrangements may be. Bearing in mind that the lego cruves are fixed, providing a (...) (23 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Trains Trains and Train Shows.

(...) You *want* to make it hard to get into the center, keep the crowd out. Shows I have been at, we just crawl under the tables. Not very dignified but it's what everyone does. (...) Either technique will work. Just don't run your controllers full (...) (23 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Trains Trains and Train Shows.

(...) It may well be easier if they don't interconnect! If you have two independent loops, each with a storage siding (one train running the circuit, one train waiting in the siding), it becomes very awkward when someone decides to move a train (...) (23 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Trains Trains and Train Shows.

(...) Based on advice from others here on large layouts, I laid-out our layout at Supertrain2001 with FIVE different controllers and speed zones. Where each section met mechanically, it was isolated electrically with two little pieces of black (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Trains Trains and Train Shows.

(...) If that's true (IMO it's not) there's no reason for it to be the case. Consider: (URL) simple interconnected double-loop like what Michel designed for GETS last fall. As long as you run the inner and outer loops in the same direction, trains (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Trains Trains and Train Shows.

(...) Steve is neglecting to mention that the zoning worked very well, and was a heck of a crowd pleaser, especially the 'high-speed' line down the front of the layout. The only thing I'd do differently next time is label the controllers. I was (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Trains Trains and Train Shows.

(...) Heheh - I recall making a color-coded diagram that showed each zone and it's controller; Can't see to recall where it got to though... 8-) SRC L#765 (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Trains Trains and Train Shows.

(...) In the 7777 Idea book, they use colored 1x2 tiles to identify track power, as well as swicth-track controls and point-motors. :-) You can use colored tiles between the rails for track control, or 1x2 sloped bricks (back to back, beside the (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains.org)