 Local / Australia / 4693
  Web host advice....

My ISP is not a happy place to host a 50Mb website. I need to keep them as a dialup. Anyone care to recommend a happy place to host a site (not just pics, and not a cut down homepage generator - valuable as those are - but a place to host a whole (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Web host advice....

Hi Richard, I don't know if this is any help but I currently use www.homestead.com who so far have been great for me. You can use both Html and the cut and paste styles! If you run out of space, either link more than one site together or email them (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Web host advice....

(...) You could try www.50megs.com. I have a little on there (just pictures), but nowhere near 50Mb. The nice thing is you get your own sub-domain, ie roscohead.50megs.com, portblock.50megs.com, etc. You can FTP to it, but I dont think it has cgi (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Web host advice....

(...) Thanks Ross. Martin has suggested the same thing. Not bad I think. (URL) have carved out the existing space pirate page from Port Block, and it seems to hold together pretty well (comments welcome :-). I have a bunch of pics here in my hand of (...) (23 years ago, 10-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Web host advice....

(...) Yeah, it's pretty cheap to get "banner-free". I'm currently only putting pictures there, so they don't really affect me yet.... ROSCO (23 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  especiallyCrossPiraticalSpaceDudes (was Re: Web host advice....)

(...) Ahab has been making serious preparations for an assault on the Bricktorians (what with the pasting he took when they came after him last time :-). There are some shots of some of his new gear posted..... (URL) weekend.....shots of the Slayer. (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: especiallyCrossPiraticalSpaceDudes (was Re: Web host advice....)

(...) look very familiar, yet sleeker more stylish and very nasty. It's good to see Tiberius around still, didn't see him at the base (off doing Tiberiusy things one imagines) and the Black Guard too. Very swish. Perhaps we'll get to test them in (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: especiallyCrossPiraticalSpaceDudes

(...) Yup. I was very impressed with the hovertanks(?) fielded at the last fest - nice work James :-) (...) ...at the Studfest in April I expect. (...) Cool. Richard Still baldly going... (23 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.au)