 Local / Australia / 4628
Re: 3033 "Bulk" Tub at K-Mart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 23:19:48 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Paul Baulch writes:

I hadn't been to K-Mart for a while, so perhaps this isn't new, but it's
certainly good to see this tub for sale in Australia.

Were there any Korean tag lines on the bucket ?
Now that the US will not be moulding, they will have to come from somewhere.

AUD$69.99 gives you 1200 bricks (roughly six cents per piece) which despite
being generic 1xN and 2xN in non-exciting colours, is still a pretty good
price... mind you, don't try and match Mike Poindexter's 3033 tub count,
because you'll be spending over forty-nine thousand dollars!

You could always ebay them in colour coded lots like Mike did and turn a
profit. When is the next Kmart sale ?

The price per piece is only slightly better than, say, a 4229 from Big W,
but the brick size distribution is possibly rather better. Anyone know where
a brick inventory of 3033 is?

I have seen one, but can't remember where.

And before you start whinging, yes, it'd be nice if it had grey bricks or
tan or brown yadda yadda yadda....   I can see it now: 3034 "Whinging AFOL
Tub" 1200 generic bricks in grey, tan, brown, dusty pink, colonial blue and
raw meat.... ;-)

Now, now, now...we just need to call in the consultants to think up exciting
names for the six basic colours (like paint manufacturers do).
Mmmm...Billund sunrise, Windsor Forest Green, Carlsbad Moonglow...

pete.w (who upon examining the 'raw meat' bricks colour, thinks Paul.B may
need his refrigerator serviced)