 Local / Australia / 4378
Re: Fabulous LEGO store in Drummoyne, Sydney?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 06:15:13 GMT

It was truly an impressive place. When you think of how the move now is for
businesses to have super-stores rather than chains of little stores
everywhere, this took the cake. It was wall to wall lego, not just boxes of
stock mind you.

There was plenty of things to do there as a child, and probably as an AFOL,
but then I wasn't an AFOL back then ;-)

If my memory serves me right, you could even buy spares over the counter
from there. WOW - wish that was possible now.

Santosh
(off to watch a one sided cricket final on the telly before it finishes
*blink*..too late)

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:
However I'm a bit concerned they said it was only a year ago.

Well, I thought they said a year ago, but they are elderly rellies, so maybe
their grasp of time isn't the best. Or maybe I just misunderstood them. They
clearly believed it still existed because they were exhorting me to go along
there.

Even when they told me, I suspected that the store was probably no longer in
existence, since I felt sure I would have known about it through LUGnet if
it was still operational.

Kerry