 Local / Australia / 4271
4270  |  4272
Subject:
Lego at Sydney Airport
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 23:09:52 GMT

Apologies if this may be old news, but there is a Lego vending
machine at the Qantas Domestic Terminal (tucked into a corner
between Burger King and the Bar).

The machine has about ten sets, ranging from Johnny Thunder and
baby T-Rex for $5 to the Rock Raiders Rapid Rider for $13. Sets
are picked up and dropped into a collection slot by a robot (non
Lego) arm, although I was too cheap to actually see this in action.

I did contemplate buying one to build on the plane to Melbourne, but
the prospect of dropping a piece on the floor of the plane (along
with the price of the set) put me off.

Cheers

Richie Dulin