 Local / Australia / 4059
Re: newby and observations at big W
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 01:15:51 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Martin Althoff writes:
Yep, read your report on the powerhouse. Actually I have been there
already (mid Dec) and saw the Lego Action show. But while there, I
read something about an additional Robotics show coming up 2. Jan (?).
They did seem to be setting something new up downstairs, maybe an
expansion of the Universal mashine.

This sounds interesting -- maybe worth another visit with the folks from
Melbourne/Brisbane.

Are you interested in coming to the next local meeting (guessing you're
in/near Sydney)? It looks to be pretty big, with (eek!) interstate visitors.

I am actually living in Dee Why, so coming to a meeting would
certainly be an option. How big is big? Where would I get details -
other than following the group.

The meeting will be at Richard Parsons' place in the Southern Highlands:
lifts and so on can probably be arranged. More details here:
http://news.lugnet.com/loc/au/?n=4016

For more details on local events check out the STUDS website:
http://www.hinet.net.au/~rparsons/stud/
and my barebones bulletin board:
http://www.lugnet.com/loc/au/~506/

It's worth checking out lugnet.org.au as well (more club/trade focused posts).

--DaveL