 Local / Australia / 3968
3967  |  3969
Subject:
2001 - reactions so far
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 23:37:41 GMT

I just took a look at the 2001 sets and the ratings that they have attracted
so far:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?qy=2001&v=a

Here's the distribution of average ratings:

90s: 1
80s: 0
70s: 7
60s: 8
50s: 12
40s: 4
30s: 8
20s: 2

Of the 42 sets listed, only one rated a score of > 90 and that was the 7166
Star Wars Imperial Shuttle.

There were 7 sets in the 70s-ratings, of which 3 were also Star Wars:

    7106 Droid Escape
    7127 Imperial AT-ST
    7146 Tie Fighter
    8007 C-3PO

while the others were all mechas:

    7314 Recon-Mech RP - a mecha from Life on Mars theme
    8532 Onua - a mecha from Bionicle theme
    8533 Gali - another mecha from Bionicle theme

In fairness, I should point out that some of the sets have attracted very
few ratings (and hence the rating is unduly influenced by the initial
50-rating that all sets are given). A few more ratings could still
dramatically change the average for these sets. Also some sets are not
listed as having any "owners" or "sellers" suggesting that some of these
ratings may be based on impressions from the catalogue rather than on
impressions of an actual set; it's not clear to me if all of these 2001 are
actually available yet.

However, the trend is not good. A lot of the new 2001 sets appear to be
disliked or rated as "ho-hum".

Kerry

--
Kerry Raymond, Lady BUG