 Local / Australia / 3840
Re: Damped Shock Question?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 09:09:05 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason King" <jklugnet665@optusnet.com.au>
To: <lugnet.loc.au@lugnet.com>; <lugnet.technic@lugnet.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2000 5:11 PM
Subject: Damped Shock Question?

Hi everyone..
I have heard that the damped shocks in the 8448 set are known to break...
I think mine are starting to go, the spring on one is pushing through the
endcap and bits of plastic are breaking off inside....
Is this were they normally break?

Yes, that is exactly what happens to them, eventually the spring will go all
the way through.

I have had the set about 3-4 weeks, who do i contact to get it replaced.?
Just ring Lego Australia (1800 683 100), and tell them that you have the
8448 with faulty shocks, and they will ship you some new ones free of
charge.  They know all about this problem, seems we got all the faulty ones
here!

Martin