 Local / Australia / 3766
Re: He's (virtually) back!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 19:31:23 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter White writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Peter Callaway writes:

Hi PeteW

Hi, one of the Toyworlds in Melbourne is having a Pete.C commemorative sale
of 7151's for $19.

The sods! They knew I'd be out of the country!! That's like £7!! They still
retail here for about £24. I'd clean out the store at that price. Any other
bargains I'm missing out on?

We've been in the UK 5 months now and we're having a blast. We're both into
new jobs, working hard , and finding the time to do a bit of sightseeing.
Priority No. 1 when we got here was a season pass to LEGOland Windsor which
is just fantastic (update on the website will contain some pics, once I sort
through the 500 I have - love that digital camera!!)

How many times have you been so far ?

Counting the other weekend which was just a Christmas shopping expedition, 5
times. Windsor is about 30 minutes from where we currently live. We're
moving closer to London in January so it'll be further away, but not that
far! I have to get to Billund before next July as my season pass allows me
free entry into the Mecca of all Meccas!

Apart from the weather, traffic, public transport, crowds, cost of living
and an island full of the infamous "British stiff upper lip" the place is
great. Heaps of history, sights, and fantastic proximity to Europe. And
we're both earning pounds sterling, a bonus given the current plight of the
Aussie Peso.

Now if they could just transport the population off somewhere...
and populate it with Australians.

You've read my mind! How 'bout we transport THEM for a change! See if
RichardP could loan us a few BSB's for the task...

LEGO is a wee bit cheaper here than back in Oz, sort of like BigW prices or
slightly better. Range is fantastic, particularly at LEGOland, and with my
season pass I get 10% off!!! I'm working on building a sizeable collection
whilst we're here, but shipping it home at the end of it all is going to be
interesting!

So K thought you going cold turkey would cure you ?
Welcome back !

She knows I'm weak, and is learning to accept it.

pete.w

Pete Callaway