 Local / Australia / 3730
3729  |  3731
Subject:
He's (virtually) back!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 2000 19:57:09 GMT

Hi Studs, Bugs, Mugs and LegOzers all over.

It's been a turbulent 5 months, but I've finally found my way to a home PC
and got myself reconnected to the net (somebody please tell these Poms it's
the 21st Century.... Please!!).

I've been lurking in here whenever I've been near an internet cafe, but it's
just not the same as being amongst it all.

First, a brief update (and for those who are wondering who I am, check out
http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/?m=77 and
http://www.callaway.com.au/pete/index.htm

We've been in the UK 5 months now and we're having a blast. We're both into
new jobs, working hard , and finding the time to do a bit of sightseeing.
Priority No. 1 when we got here was a season pass to LEGOland Windsor which
is just fantastic (update on the website will contain some pics, once I sort
through the 500 I have - love that digital camera!!)

Apart from the weather, traffic, public transport, crowds, cost of living
and an island full of the infamous "British stiff upper lip" the place is
great. Heaps of history, sights, and fantastic proximity to Europe. And
we're both earning pounds sterling, a bonus given the current plight of the
Aussie Peso.

LEGO is a wee bit cheaper here than back in Oz, sort of like BigW prices or
slightly better. Range is fantastic, particularly at LEGOland, and with my
season pass I get 10% off!!! I'm working on building a sizeable collection
whilst we're here, but shipping it home at the end of it all is going to be
interesting!

The LegOz gatherings you've been recently having sound like heaps of fun,
and RichardP's Studs sight is a great way of keeping up to date with events
back home.

Still haven't managed to link up with the Pommy AFOL's yet, but give it time.

It's great to be able to participate again, and big G'day to you all!!!

Pete Callaway