 Local / Australia / 3504
Re: The TRU 25% off Lego sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 02:04:08 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:
I went into my local TRU today to buy a UCS X-wing. I couldn't believe it - >> the Lego area was PACKED. I'd estimate they were selling a set every minute.

Same at Chatswood TRU: dozens of people, many of them buying two or more sets.

Well, in constrast, the Mt Gravatt TRU was very quiet when I was there on
Saturday. A few people wandered past and fingered a few sets but they didn't
seem to specifically interested in Lego, just generally browsing.
Admittedly, I was there waiting for them to open at 9am when the shopping
centre as a whole was pretty quiet. People did stare a little bit at me,
though. As regular readers of this newsgroup will know, I was busy filling a
large trolley with all the MB Pro-builder sets that I could buy for the
price of a discounted Silver Champion (and believe me, it does fill a
trolley), as well as bunging in a few of the genuine article at 25% off.

Kerry, did you actually buy that much MB? I was hoping it was just an
exercise...

--DaveL