 Local / Australia / 3493
3492  |  3494
Subject:
The TRU 25% off Lego sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 01:48:16 GMT

I don't know what TRU are calling the sale, but as far as we're concerned,
that's what it is, right?

I went into my local TRU today to buy a UCS X-wing. I couldn't believe it -
the Lego area was PACKED. I'd estimate they were selling a set every minute.
The several MF's and X-wings I had seen on the Saturday were all gone, and
the (once huge) stack of Technic tow trucks was severely dented. The Lego
rep was there frantically re-stocking the shelves. If she'd been less busy I
probably would have had a chat, but as we were both in a hurry I just asked
her if she had any X-wings.
Of course, what I _really_ wanted to ask her was, "So how would you like
people to buy Lego like this all the time?"

--
Cheers,
Paul