 Local / Australia / 3446
Re: TRU Chatswood info (was:sale dates)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 00:38:47 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:
The USS Bricky Hawk, the heretical aircraft carrier
!!!!incl 8 F-14s!!!! was there (priced around $60
IIRC). The airplanes are SPUDs though (studless
SPUDS even.)

Yes, the planes are very cheap and nasty looking.

Mmmm,  kinda figured they would be, but since they're not minifig scale, who
cares anyway :-)  Those little bits can go straight to my sons.

I can't wait to get started on a minifig CVE, something my finances would
prevent me from even attempting in Lego.

I have even pulled out my old Tente, and knocked together a little catamaran
coastal minesweeper/sub hunter.

Actually, thinking about cost per piece and size of sets, might be time for
me to go back and have a roam about the MegaBloks site.  Maybe the minifig
scale USS Enterprise NCC 1701 is not a hopeless dream after all....

Richard
Still baldly going elsewhere...