 Local / Australia / 336
Re: Shell sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 08:08:01 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Karen Barlow writes:
Sadly it sounds like we are done with any Shell promos :-( A truly sad thing
since it filled a giant void in the current Lego Town sets :-\ Of course I did
manage to miss out on the Car Wash set (after frantic chases across the whole
of Metro Melbourne I still missed that one) and of course the Shell Shop which
for some reason made it to our friends in NZ and Singapore but didn't quite
make it to us :-( I am not quite willing to go to ebay where a large number of
sellers in Singapore are offering them with the proviso that you send cash in
$US :-\ so I guess I will just have to enjoy the great sets I did snaffle.
I'm done griping ... time to go build :-) :-) My New 6392 airport set has
arrived and a town expansion is definitely in the cards :-)

   These are starting to arrive up here in the YooEss (but I'm not
   sure if they are the same ones).  I would be willing to pick a few
   up and pass them along at my cost (provided I ever SEE any of the
   darned things, and that they're the same ones) plus shipping and
   maybe thirty or so cents to help keep a bit of petrol in my tank--but
   again, that awful caveat that everything needs to be in $US, Sterling
   cash, or Dutch guilders cash (or trade :) for nifty things).  Maybe
   it'll help, since you won't have to deal with the eBay morass and
   markup that way.

   Anyways, sorry for horning in on .loc.au.  Isn't that just like a
   North American!  ;)

   trying to be helpful,

   Lindsay