 Local / Australia / 335
RE: Shell sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 07:31:28 GMT

I think you'll find that Shell Aust, like LEGO Aust [and just about
everything else Aust] will only find out about this sort of thing AFTER  we
hear on lugnet about it in Europe. [I have no idea why they like keeping Aus
in the dark...Could be they realise we're supperior, and this is there way
to make themselves feel better :) ]

If you are interested in the SHELL sets, I have all 10 of the original promo
[1998] which is the only sets from it that were available in Aus.

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsary..Growing up isn't :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf
Of Kaz
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2000 5:02 PM
To: lugnet.loc.au@lugnet.com
Subject: Shell sets

I decided to do as was suggested in an earlier post and contact Shell re.
the
chance of us seeing any more Lego promo sets down here in Oz. Here is the
reply I received:

Thank you for contacting the Shell Online Web Site.

I regret to inform that Shell do not have any plans to release a Lego
Promotion on the Australian market again in the near future.  We receive
many requests for particular promotions, but unfortunately we are unable to
market all requests.

Kind regards,

Tell Shell @ Australia Online
Customer Service Centre
E-mail:  www.shell.com.au
Phone:  1800 670 798
http://www.shell.com.au/tl_tell_shell.html

Sadly it sounds like we are done with any Shell promos :-( A truly sad thing
since it filled a giant void in the current Lego Town sets :-\ Of course I
did
manage to miss out on the Car Wash set (after frantic chases across the
whole
of Metro Melbourne I still missed that one) and of course the Shell Shop
which
for some reason made it to our friends in NZ and Singapore but didn't quite
make it to us :-( I am not quite willing to go to ebay where a large number
of
sellers in Singapore are offering them with the proviso that you send cash
in
$US :-\ so I guess I will just have to enjoy the great sets I did snaffle.
I'm done griping ... time to go build :-) :-) My New 6392 airport set has
arrived and a town expansion is definitely in the cards :-)
Kaz :-)