 Local / Australia / 3234
Re: Thanks...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 08:18:38 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Paul Baulch writes:
Benjamin Whytcross wrote in message ...

I'd like to thank everyone in .loc.au and .org.au for the several days of • near
silence in honour of my day-time posting privaleges being revoked. :)

They haven't been revoked. Only the broken tool itself has been banned, and it
applies to anyone that uses it. Benjamin, me, you, anybody, any time of day or
night.

This wasn't due to that minor problem with the replies not threading
properly? Surely not. I mean, it doesn't cause any real problems, and nobody
would be so anal-retentive as to complain to admin about it..... right?

Did you want to start that row all over again somewhere else? There are a
number of us that consider this non compliant newsposting mechanism more than
a "minor" problem and are quite glad to see the number of broken threads
decrease sharply.

I'm also glad that Benjamin finally admitted that yes indeed, it was his fault
for using damaged tools and causing messes, which was what I wanted to see him
say in order to stop harping on the point. I thought that was big of him, if a
bit belated and begrudgingly dragged out, so I was all done on the topic.

If you really, really want to debate the point again instead of just making
cutting remarks about those that didn't care for the mess, take it up again in
admin.general, it's not like there has been much to occupy things there of
late. <grin> I've set FUT there just in case.

The above is my opinion as a user of LUGNET, nothing more.

++Lar