 Local / Australia / 3178
Re: Shell Sticker on set 2870
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 14:06:16 GMT

In lugnet.loc.nl, Peter White writes:
Hi,
A 2870 I purchased from a department store in Sydney (Australia), had this on
the box-

A perforated sticker with this on the right,
"SPAAR"
"LEGO SYSTEM" (logos)
"bij Shell" (then a Shell logo)

That means "collect Lego System at Shell"

On the left part of the sticker was this,
"Plak de gele sticker op de spaarkart en spaar voor f20,- korting."

means: "stick the yellow stickers on the savingcard* and save f20,-"
*I'm not sure if you're familiar with this concept... savingcards are
typically Dutch. The concept started out with coffee in the 50's. Anyway, the
point is you cut out tokens from packages, collect a couple of thousand and
get a discount on stuff.

After the Japanese stickers on the Explorien starships earlier this year,
I'm wondering if we get the sets 'John West rejects' ?
Was this a Shell promotional set in the Netherlands ?

Apparently it was, saw it in drugstores and shoes-discounters but never at
Shell!

Wessel