 Local / Nederland / 542
541  |  543
Subject:
Shell Sticker on set 2870
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 09:31:29 GMT

Hi,
A 2870 I purchased from a department store in Sydney (Australia), had this on
the box-

A perforated sticker with this on the right,
"SPAAR"
"LEGO SYSTEM" (logos)
"bij Shell" (then a Shell logo)

On the left part of the sticker was this,
"Plak de gele sticker op de spaarkart en spaar voor f20,- korting."

Every 2870 in this store had one of these stickers, but 2870's from other
stores don't.
After the Japanese stickers on the Explorien starships earlier this year,
I'm wondering if we get the sets 'John West rejects' ?
Was this a Shell promotional set in the Netherlands ?

pete.w <aquanaut@optusnet.com.au> (Hi Lindsay !)